Wednesday, December 22, 2010

HOLY Spinach Casserole

Yesterday, I made dinner for Gui, my mom, and her long time friend Chris. Ironically, Chris had remembered the spinach casserole all the way from (holy moly) 15 years ago. Our family doesn't have many recipes, but the spinach casserole is ONE that has lasted, and lasted, and lasted. However, this post is the first time it will EVER be written down. Listen to me. I don't want to hear that you don't like spinach. No body that ate this recipe LIKED spinach. My boyfriend is from brazil. They hardly HAVE spinach there, let alone ENJOY it. I didn't like spinach for the first 16 years of my life (now I do, but besides the point). So, don't tell me you don't like spinach. Everyone likes the spinach casserole. Everyone.

Spinach Casserole Recipe
3 packages of frozen spinach
8 ounces of cream cheese (temp-tee, please)
4/5 tablespoons of margarine (..ish)
1/2 tablespoon (again, ish) of garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon (...^...) of onion powder
1/4 tablespoon of adobo (a new addition courtesy of ME)

Topping
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1 tablespoon of margarine
    http://www.organicfoodexperience.com/445/was-popeye-right/
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Defrost and drain the frozen spinach thoroughly 
    3. Add the cream cheese and margarine, mixing in well. The spinach should be warm, so it should blend well together. Add and mix in the garlic and onion powders along with the adobo.
    4. If not mixed in a casserole dish, add mixture to a casserole dish and flatten the top so the mixture is level
    5. in the microwave or stove top, combine and melt the margarine bread crumbs
    6. spread mixture on the top of spinach mix, covering completely
    7. put the casserole in the oven, uncovered for 25 minutes of until the bread crumbs are browned
    8. Serve & Enjoy!
    Hope everyone is having an incredible break so far. Mine has been insanely busy but a lot of fun! I have been cooking up a storm in my new kitchen, and just getting comfortable with not having a ton of homework to be doing. Also, I'm continuing to make baked goods to raise money for honduras!
    Holiday Love.
    -Brooke

    No comments:

    Post a Comment