Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Final Stretch

Fate is moving you towards your destiny.
                                                      -De La Vega

A little over 20 days, and I miss my blog more then anything! I apologize for my business, but academics do "come first." Next semester though, I will be taking intro to entrepreneurship at UMASS and [hopefully] an Archaeology of Food class at Amherst College! The best part about this classes is that they will enable me to continue my foody-isms. I hope it all works out, it would definitely make this upcoming semester incredible.

On another note though, I am increasingly busy with classes and what not. I am going to be done with class on Friday, but have 3 final papers and a take home logic exam. I'll stay the week at school to finish that up, and do some work. After, I will be home relaxing and getting ready for my trips to Honduras and Japan! I have been fundraising like crazy, and still have $650 to raise for Honduras. I am working very hard to reach that goal, by the 5th of May.

Next tidbit. On Thursday, I will be heading over to UMASS to see the incredible Dede Wilson! [her blog can be found by clicking HERE, and it's an incredible one!] There will be a cupcake battle there, but I can't participate because I'm not on the UMASS meal plan. I will still go to watch, and [finally] get to meet Dede! Words cannot describe how excited I am to finally have the opportunity to meet her. Her work is beautiful, and I am honored to get this opportunity!

In terms of catching up on my blog, I have some crazy exciting new orders, so don't worry they'll be posted soon. I'm posting photos of the red velvet cupcakes I made for the Smith College group SmithSTAND. They were having a birthday meeting! =] Yes, the frosting is died pink for a CoutureCook touch. Also I have plenty of new recipes to share, including one today! I hope you enjoy ;) And have no fear, as soon as the calm after the storm arrives, I will be back to business!

aerial view of the rosette frosting
two trays (and also see the pearl detail? they added a elegant touch)

Now, for a new recipe!
The best college recipe to date; The Mug Cake (optionally Nutella)
This recipe is incredible because it's quick, it's easy, it makes little mess, and it satisfies any sweet tooth!
2944525608_050ebf8885.jpg
source

Ingredients

  • 4 tablespoons of cake flour
  • 4 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons of melted chocolate chips or 3 tablespoons of nutella
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 tablespoons of milk
  • 3 tablespoons of oil or melted butter
To do:
  1. combine dry ingredients, and stir with a fork or whisk in a large mug
  2. stir the remaining ingredients and stir well
  3. place in microwave and cook 1 1/2 to 3 minutes, on high setting
I like to cook it for no longer then 2 minutes, so it's still pretty soft and melty. of course if you have ice cream, whipped cream, or chocolate sauce available I'm sure it would be incredible. Also, if you don't use nutella, you can substitute the vanilla for another extract, like peppermint (that's my favorite...)
Also, you can eat it in the mug, but if you want to serve it in a plate, just butter or spray the mug first.

The weather has finally been getting wonderful, so perhaps I'll go enjoy studying outside soon!
Enjoy your late night sweet tooth, and all-night studying sessions!
Try to be productive. Empower yourself with some sweets.
Envision. Innovate. Revolutionize. [another CoutureCook original teeheehee]
-Brooke

ps/ don't forget to drop by my poll on the left sidebar and pick your favorite cookie(s) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment