Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sweet, Sweet S'mores

You're a broke college/high school/not even a student, student. You need to give someone a secret santa gift. You have a handy-dandy Large-size Mason Jar. You know what you're going to do? You're going to make a s'more pie in a jar.

Ingredients:
1 Sleeve of Graham Crackers (crushed): to achieve this, I leave the crackers in the sleeve and bang it with my hands and against the table, so all i have to do is empty the sleeve out directly into the jar.
1 1/4 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 Mini-Marshmellows
1/2 Brown Sugar, packed

What for you to do:

  1. Add these ingredients into the jar, you can mix it if you want, but that's up to you. in my opinion, aesthetically it looks better in layers.
  2. take a piece of fabric, and put under the jar, seal. Provide instructions and tie onto neck of jar with a pretty ribbon.

The card should say:
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9' x 9' baking pan, combine and mix ingredients, pour one stick of melted butter and one teaspoon of vanilla over contents. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Let sit, or serve warm. Serves 8-10.
Finished Product:


I've heard nothing but good things about this simple, and economically-friendly gift. I've found that it encourages time in the kitchen. :) Enjoyed the gifts in a jar idea? Good, because there will be more coming your way, including hot chocolate, cookies, brownies etc.

Stay warm, kiddos. The weather outside is getting frightful...
Peace, Love, Chocolate, &
-Brooke

ps. if you're having any trouble finding jars, I found them online at kmart.com: HERE (mason jars) for under a dollar each, you can make enough for all your friends! (or in my case, the e-board of one of my orgs! =])

pps. i'm sorry for lack of photos, i will upload as soon as I get a cable for my camera! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment