Saturday, November 27, 2010

Introduction

Well, after a crazy couple of months, I've decided to finally put my blog to work. I've been searching and searching for a perfect name, and I've settled on "The Couture Cook," naturally. I didn't know exactly what to include in my first post, so I guess I'll introduce myself.
"My name is Brooke, I'm 18 years old, and I'm in my first year at Smith College in Northampton Massachusetts. I grew up in long island, new york, and was a figure skater for a greater portion of my life. Although I'm busy in school, I've always in intrigued by food, and the culinary arts. I've been cooking as a self-treatment for my home sickness, and decided to share my culinary traditions and secrets with the, well.. err. the world. I want to go to law school and do a lot of traveling and international service, before going to culinary school and opening a bakery. My family is puerto rican, Panamanian and israeli, so there was always a diverse amount of cooking going on around me growing up."
Occasionally, I'll post recipes, but I want this site to be much more than that. It will be filled with reviews, hidden culinary delights, and resources. I also want to include fashion, and fashionable food. Recently, my recipes have been limited due to a messy college kitchen with mix-matched utensils, but as I will show all, I can work with that.

Alright, let's get this thing started!
-Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment